A VIRTUAL QUILTING BEE

You have come to TETHERED THREADS 2. We are a group of 12 women from all over the world who are quilting for one another. Each woman is assigned a month and chooses what she wants the others to make for her. We like that you have stopped by to see what we are doing. Feel free to comment and or ask questions.

Monday, April 12, 2010

April already?

So how do I know it's April?
I got Marty's fabric in the mail,that's how!


I was a lucky girl and received the beautiful orange-yellow fabric!
which I happened to have some stash to match!


Marty requested simple and off centred.

In my first block I added the lovely centre square from my Make Life stash
--the surrounding fabrics are the ones Marty sent.
finished off by my "signature colour"
also from Marty.


This block, I fear,
is not the "simple block" that Marty requested.

I simply went overboard-- I couldn't help it!

It was the first time I was ever able to just pull stuff from my stash that worked!
and the block just carried me away!

The stripes are from my Amy Butler stash
and the polka dots and flowers were again from Make Life by Sweetwater

I mean look at all those seams!!!
aren't they pretty!
Sorry Marty!

Your fabric was just too good and I was just too weak!
Simple went to the wayside.

Hope you can still use them :)

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love them. I'm can't wait to get them. This is really fun when it's your month.
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Marty needs to study her grammar. I'm can't wait?

    ReplyDelete