A VIRTUAL QUILTING BEE

You have come to TETHERED THREADS 2. We are a group of 12 women from all over the world who are quilting for one another. Each woman is assigned a month and chooses what she wants the others to make for her. We like that you have stopped by to see what we are doing. Feel free to comment and or ask questions.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

December and January Blocks

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting the blocks that I completed for Audrie and Kelly. I love the opportunity that this Block Party provides for us to play around with different techniques. So much fun!



The brown background fabric was from my stash. Did anyone else have to pause and think a little before adding the background triangles around the tree if they had a print fabric? I was flying along and then realized that I better be careful or else I was going to end up with wonky trees.

The red semi-solid fabric was from my stash. I had been a bit cutting happy with the red tree print fabric that Kelly had sent and decided to dig in the stash for the outside strips.


These were fun! However, sometimes when I'm given such freedom, I get a little overwhelmed with ideas. I could of happily sewn a whole quilt of these with all the ideas I had.

I'm excited to see these blocks all put together in the quilt top.

Now, February is my month and I'll be doing a last minute scramble today to try and get everything ready to send. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do this month with my blocks, but have finally made a decision. Once I have everything together I'll post some instructions on here. Looking forward to seeing what you creative gals come up with.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THOSE BLOCKS!!!
    Figgy pudding is my all time favourite!!
    they look great!
    I soooo had trouble with those dang trees being straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had trouble with keeping the trees upright
    love the squares you did

    ReplyDelete