A VIRTUAL QUILTING BEE

You have come to TETHERED THREADS 2. We are a group of 12 women from all over the world who are quilting for one another. Each woman is assigned a month and chooses what she wants the others to make for her. We like that you have stopped by to see what we are doing. Feel free to comment and or ask questions.

Monday, June 7, 2010

a thousand apologies

here they are.
My May blocks for Kathleen.
Done and dusted.
In the mail.
LATE...
So sorry....
so what happened to me this month??
why the late blocks from a girl who's turnaround record has been pretty good?
ummm...
well when I received the fabrics and directions, I froze.
I found it confusing.
ummm...yeah.
let's remember I'm 34 weeks pregnant.
I have baby brain, people!
so then I didn't have the right fabric in my stash.
so I had to go to the store.
the fabric store 25 minutes away.
this is not normally an issue.
It's normally a joy...
hmmmmm...
"surely I must have something here..."
nope.
so then I equated purchasing the fabric for the block
to finishing the block.
ummm...
note to self--
purchased fabric=UN finished
so this morning
I decided to let it lag no longer.
45 minutes
2 freezies
and a broken seam ripper later
(don't ask-- I didn't even need it for the block!)
ta da!
two blocks finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment